Basic facts about Saturn:
- Saturn is the 6th planet in our solar system and the 2nd largest (after Jupiter)
- Saturn is a gas giant (9 times the size of earth; though only one-eighth the density)
- Saturn has sixty-two known moons (53 are officially named)
- Titan- Saturn’s largest moon is larger than Mercury and has a substantial atmosphere. (if it weren’t stuck in Saturn’s orbit it could be considered a planet!)
- Saturn’s rings are mainly ice, though they also contain rocks, dust and other debris.
- Planet is composed mainly of hydrogen- in liquid, gas AND metal form.